- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 celery ribs and leaves, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 12 cups of water
- 3 low sodium chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 can reduced sodium cream of chicken soup
- 1 lb egg noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
2. Melt butter, then add thyme, rosemary, garlic, carrots, celery, and onion.
3. Saute until onions are slightly transparent, about 3-5 minutes.
4. Add water, bouillon cubes, bay leaves, and whole chicken breasts.
5. Bring to a boil, cover, then bring back down to medium heat. Let cook for 20 minutes.
6. Carefully remove chicken breasts and shred with two forks. You can also chop, it's your preference.
Add cream of chicken at this time and stir well, until blended.
7. Add chicken back to soup, add egg noodles. Cook covered for an additional 20 minutes.
This recipe is perfect for chilly winter nights, enjoy!