Barbecued beef sandwiches, cooked in the slow cooker.
- 2 1/2 to 3 lbs lean chuck roast or bottom round
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons spicy mustard or Dijon
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
Preparation:1. Rub meat with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, and cumin. Place beef roast in crockpot.
2 .Combine remaining ingredients; pour over roast. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours, turning meat halfway through.
3. Remove roast, shred meat (two forks work best to pull meat apart easily).
4. Place shredded meat back in crockpot; stir to coat well. Cook an additional 30-45 minutes, covered.
5. Spoon barbecued beef onto toasted sandwich buns and serve with extra sauce, if desired.
Serves 6 to 8.