- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 cups chopped chicken breasts (or tenderloins)
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic salt
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 4oz can chopped fire roasted green chile's & juices
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 14.5oz diced tomatoes & juices
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 can cream chicken
- 1 cup water
- 2 cans white beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can corn
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese, additional for topping
- toasted tortilla strips for topping
2. Add chopped garlic, onion, green chiles & juice, cumin, oregano, & cayenne. Let simmer until onions are somewhat transparent.
3. In a bowl, mix cream chicken and water, then add to pot. Also add diced tomatoes & juice, lower heat to medium low, let simmer uncovered for 20 minutes until liquid reduces slightly.
4. In a colander, rinse beans well with cold water.
5. Add drained beans, and corn. Cover and let cook for an additional 20 minutes.
6. Stir in cheese, & top with tortilla strips. Serve immediately.
Oh YUM, enjoy!