- 2 cups dry self-rising yellow corn meal
- 1 1/4 cups milk or cream
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can sweet cream style corn
- 4 tablespoon sugar
- shortening, or butter
2. Mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Place pan in the oven, just long enough for shortening (or butter) to melt. *Shortening will smoke if left in too long.
4. Remove from oven and immediately add corn pudding mixture.
5. Return to oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until top of pudding is slightly browned.
6. Allow to cool on a cooling rack for at least 15 minutes, slice, and enjoy!