- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1. Place peanut butter and softened butter in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and a flat beater to mixer. Turn to Speed 6 and beat about 1 minute, or until mixture is smooth.
2.Stop and scrape bowl. Add sugars, egg, and vanilla. Turn to Speed 4 and beat about 1 minute. Stop and scrape bowl.
3. Turn to STIR Speed. Gradually add all remaining ingredients to sugar mixture and mix about 30 seconds. Turn to Speed 2 and mix for an additional 30 seconds.
4. Roll dough into a large ball, cover with saran wrap and chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
5. Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes, or until slightly golden brown. Remove from baking sheets immediately and cool on wire racks.