A VERY simple, delicious recipe!Ingredients
- 1 package of fresh Basil
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 16oz can of diced tomatoes & juice
- 1 jar of Alfredo pasta sauce
- 3 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
- 1lb of bow tie pasta
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Remove basil leaves from stems and tear leaves into thirds.
2. In a medium sauce pan, heat olive oil on medium-high heat, add garlic and saute for 3 minutes.
3. Turn heat down to medium-low, add basil leaves and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add entire can of diced tomatoes & juices, you can add 1 tsp of sugar to help balance out some of the acidity.
5. Add jar of Alfredo sauce, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste, cover and let simmer for about 15 minutes together.
6. In the mean time boil water and cook bow tie pasta, drain and set aside. In the extra time I made some really simple cheese bread, I buttered some bread slices, & sprinkled with shredded Colby jack cheese. Set under a broiler for a few minutes, until crunchy and browned.