- 1 Banana Bread Loaf (see previous recipes)
- 1 cup Fat-free Half and Half
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 whole banana, smashed with a fork
- 1 stick of margarine
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup of chopped nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Slice your already baked and cooled banana bread.
2. Grease a medium sized casserole dish.
3. In a large bowl mix together half and half, milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and banana.
4. Place a single layer of banana bread slices in the bottom of the casserole dish.
5. Evenly pour half of the mixture on top of the banana bread slices.
6. Repeat another layer of banana bread slices, then top with the remainder of the mixture.
7. Cover casserole dish with tin foil, and refrigerate over night, for at least 8 hours. This allows the banana bread slices to soak up the mixture completely, making some of the BEST tasting French Toast you have ever had!
This is what it should look like the next morning, most of the liquid is completely gone.
8. Now mix your topping ingredients together.
9. Pour on top of your bread and preheat your over to 350 degrees.
10. Bake in a 350 degree oven, uncovered for 40 minutes. Until your bread has become fluffy and has risen slightly to the top of casserole dish.
11. Once the french toast is done cooking, allow to sit for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Enjoy the sinfully delicious treat!