Spicy Thai Shrimp on Rice Noodles
- 1/2 pound (225 gms) Rice Stick Noodles
- Hot Water
Thai Sauce with Shrimp:
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Hot Chili Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon Peanut or Canola Oil
- 2 -3 Green Onions
- 1 tablespoon Prepared Garlic (From a jar)
- 1 pound (450 gms) Shrimp, Cooked De-Veined with Tails
- 1 Carrot
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro (Optional)
- 1/3 cup Peanuts (Optional)
- Half head of Red Cabbage
- 1 carrot
- Bring water to a boil, add rice noodles for 6-8 minutes or desired tenderness, then drain. Chop red cabbage and Julianne carrot while noodles are boiling. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, heat peanut butter in the microwave for 30 seconds. Then add lime juice, chili sauces, fish sauce, soy sauce, chicken broth, and curry powder. Whisk together.
- Heat wok up on a medium-low heat, add peanut oil, then add green onions, and garlic. Simmer for about 4 minutes.
- Add Prepared Thai sauce to the wok and allow to heat for an additional 4 minutes, then add shrimp and simmer until mixture is evenly heated.
- On serving plates/platter, evenly place chopped red cabbage, place rice noodles on top, add Thai shrimp mixture, then top with carrots.
Cook Time: 30 minutes